Since I first stumbled on some Emscripten demos, I
had this idea of trying it out by bringing back my favorite childhood games to the web. Last week,
I finally got some time to get to it. This post starts the series that
descibe my attempts to port a game written in C to HTML5.
All aboard the nostalgia train!
For those who weren`t in Poland in 1980s, the above screenshot comes from one of the first
Polish games developed for Atari. This game
introduced me to computers and dragged-in my whole family, including my mother, which was
a feat no other game has archived ever since. So when I found this Open Source port of Robbo
it seemed natural candidate for bringing back all the 1980s gaming fun to the modern Web.